Thursday, October 21, 2021

Paleo Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas

 

It is a true tragedy that my husband doesn't like bell peppers in any form.  He misses out on fajitas and I just can't imagine that.  Anyway, I made this recipe for myself for lunches for a few days throughout the week.  They are SO good and addicting I swear I could eat the whole pan...but so far I've managed to not.  You don't have the be Paleo to make this.  You can add all of the traditional non-paleo fajita deliciousness and have a great time.  (Queso anyone?!?!)  But for us Paleo eaters, I eat these on warmed Siete tortillas and I occasionally add some guac if I have an avocado that needs eaten.  


1.5 lbs. frozen shrimp (I'm lazy and use frozen, raw, peeled, deveined shrimp from Costco)

1 red bell pepper, sliced thin

1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin

1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin (it doesn't matter what colors you have, I LOVE green bell peppers in this too...just use 3 whatever bell peppers you have sliced thin)

1 onion, sliced thin

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 tsp. sea salt

1 tsp. chili powder

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1/2 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. Blackening Seasoning

Lime wedges, cilantro, guac (optional)

Begin by preheating your oven to 450 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.  

In a small bowl combine all of the seasonings and mix well.

Place the shrimp and sliced veggies on the aluminum foil lined baking sheet.  Drizzle the olive oil all over the veggies and shrimp and toss to coat.

Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the oil coated veggies and shrimp and toss again, making sure the spices are on everything.  

Roast the shrimp and veggies in your preheated oven for 16 minutes.  Once the time is up, move your oven rack to the top position and turn the oven to High Broil.  Keep a close eye on it and broil for 2-4 minutes or until the veggies and shrimp have some charring.

Serve on warmed tortillas and garnish with your favorite fajita toppings.  

*I'm a sucker for anything on a chip.  I love LOVE to serve this over a bed of warmed Siete tortilla chips like a Fajita Nacho situation.  It's SO good!  

No comments: