Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Sausage Bread

Every time I think about this bread I crave it until I have it.  This is my mother-n-law's recipe and it's amazing.  I remember going to her house after school and she'd have a loaf of this ready sometimes.  
Fun fact: My husband and I are middle school sweethearts.  They lived just a few miles from our middle/high school and sometimes between school and football games, a group of friends and I would go to their house.  She fed *a lot* of us throughout our high school days.
Be warned...this bread is v addicting.

1 loaf of white bread dough, frozen + thawed or fresh homemade
1lb. Jimmy Dean Sausage (I love Sage.)
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and set aside.  

Have your dough prepared ahead of time.  Either thaw a store bought frozen white bread dough loaf, or prepare your homemade dough in the bread machine.  

Sausage
In a medium skillet, cook and crumble sausage.  Drain any excess grease and set aside to cool slightly.  You don't want to scramble the eggs.  Add cheese and eggs and mix thoroughly.

Bread
Roll out bread dough into a rectangle.  
Spread sausage mixture onto rolled out dough.
Roll up the dough like a jelly roll or cinnamon roll and pinch the seams together.
Let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
Place the bread in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.  

**If you don't have time for that full 30 minute rise, no worries.  I've thrown it right in the oven before and it's come out fine.  It's pretty forgiving. 

No comments: