Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Buffalo Chicken Soup

Oh.My.Word you guys!  Make this PRONTO!  I recently bought an Instant Pot and have fallen in LOVE.  It's an electric pressure cooker that has rocked my world.  It's a rice maker, yogurt maker, pressure cooker, slow cooker and more all in one!  (Note: No, I don't get paid by Instant Pot and I don't have any affiliation with them.)  But I am in love.  Who doesn't want dinner done in 4 minutes?!?!  Anyway, I have always been pretty terrible at meal planning...like, it's bad.  I enjoy cooking and all that but we're busy and even though I KNOW the people in my house have to eat at night, dinner time always sneaks up on me.  Sneaky.  Now, if you don't have an Instant Pot get one now you can make this in your slow cooker.  This recipe is low carb (hello, gestational diabetes round 2) so it's easy on the waist line and so so so flavorful.  

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; frozen is Ok, no need to thaw them
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Ranch dressing mix
2 tablespoons butter
1/4-1/3 cup hot sauce, depends on how spicy you like your buffalo
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup heavy cream

Dump everything into your pressure cooker (or slow cooker) except for the cream and the cheese.
Cook under pressure for 10 minutes and then quick release.  (If you're using a slow cooker, cook on Low for 6-8 hours.)
Turn your Instant Pot on the Saute feature.  Carefully remove the chicken breasts and shred.  Return to the soup.  Add heavy cream and cheese.  Stir until the soup has thickened slightly and the cheese is melted.  

No comments: