Monday, September 15, 2014

Hot Pepper Jelly and Cream Cheese Spread

Before you think "Ew", just stop.  This is delicious.  I have texture issues and jellies usually make me gag, but THIS is so, so, so, so, yummy, it's ridiculous.  My friend serves this occasionally at girl's nights or Christmas parties and I was always so jealous because her husband is Dutch and I'm pretty sure she told me one time that they get their jelly for this in Holland.  Show off.  So I was bummed that this perfection wouldn't be on my table when I hosted a party or needed something quick to bring somewhere.  Then, I saw it.  In a refrigerator at Costco.  Last year.  Hot Pepper Jelly!!!  It's sweet, yet just a tiny bit spicy, and when you add it to salty cream cheese and top it on a salty cracker, angels begin singing.  It's really, really addicting.   And there is nothing easier than cracking open a jar of jelly and dumping it on top of cream cheese.  

1 or 2 blocks of cream cheese (depending on the size of your party)
1 jar of Hot Pepper Jelly
Assorted salty crackers (my favorite for this is Wheat Thins)

Open your cream cheese block(s) and lay them on a large platter.  If you're using more than one, lay them touching, side by side.
Open your jar of jelly and spoon a nice, thick layer on top.  Go ahead, keep piling it on.  Make sure it reaches from corner to corner.
In a very fancy like manner, lay your crackers all around the cream cheese.
Stick a cute little butter knife on the platter.
Make sure you get a bite of it...because it will disappear quickly!

No comments: