Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Skinny Buffalo Chicken Tenders

So the Super Bowl was this past weekend.  My husband and I are not huge sports fans...but when it comes to the Super Bowl, we always sit down and watch; mainly for the commercials.  Don't lie...I know there are others like us out there!  But we also *love* Super Bowl food!  Bring on the buffalo, blue cheese, celery, nachos, and dips!  I came across this yummy recipe from my girl at Skinny Taste.  She gave me all of the buffalo flavors I was looking for without all of the guilt of fried chicken wings.  Enjoy!

1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
8 strips of chicken tenderloin
1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
celery

Combine the garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and black pepper in a medium bowl.  Add the chicken tenders and toss to coat.
Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet.  Add the seasoned chicken tenders to the hot oil.  Cook until golden about 3-4 minutes.  Flip the tenders over and continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.  (I deviated slightly from the original recipe here.  She takes the chicken out of the pan and then tosses it in the hot sauce.)  I like to add the Frank's to the hot pan and toss the chicken so that it's all coated in warm hot sauce.  Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese.

No comments: