Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Crock Pot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

I love Spinach and Artichoke Dip!  I always make it when it comes time for the Super Bowl.  Our spread just isn't complete unless this delicious little dip is there.  However, this year I had to find a different recipe.  I have another recipe for it that is also divine...but right before the weekend started, my oven BLEW UP!  Yes, you heard me.  There was smoke and fire and a mangled heating element...I'm kind of lost right now without my oven.  So I have my trusty 'ol crock pot pulled out and it's pretty much been my life for the past week.  My other Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe gets baked until it's nice and bubbly hot.  With my oven out of commission, and my deep-seated need for this dip during the Super Bowl, I was forced to find a crock pot friendly recipe.  Here it is!

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 (10oz.) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 jar (or can) of artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
tortilla chips
celery sticks
carrot sticks
crackers
breads...whatever you like.

Combine all of the ingredients in a 3qt. crock pot, making sure everything is evenly incorporated.  Cover and cook on Low for 2-2 1/2 hours or until all of the cheeses are melted and it is plenty warm  Serve with tortilla chips and/or veggies and/or crackers and breads.

No comments: