Saturday, September 18, 2021

Nutritional Yeast Salad Dressing

 

This is a deliciously tangy, full of flavor, easy to make salad dressing that makes any salad exciting!  You'll see 4 cloves of garlic in the recipe but if you know me, 4 cloves of garlic in anything is nowhere near enough.  So if you like a mild garlic flavor, start with 4 cloves.  If you're like me and garlic is life, I add a whole handful of minced garlic to my jar.  

For me, the Apple Cider Vinegar shines through in this dressing and I don't particularly care for the flavor of ACV.  However, you can tame it down by adding liquid stevia extract (I like Pyure) or raw honey to taste.  It's still tangy, still has that garlic spice to it but WAY tames down that ACV.  


1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

4 cloves of garlic, minced (or as much garlic as you prefer)

3 tablespoons nutritional yeast

1/2 tablespoon sea salt

stevia extract or raw honey, to taste (optional)


Pour the olive oil and apple cider vinegar into a pint sized mason jar.

Add the garlic, nutritional yeast, and salt.  Use a fork and whisk until the oil and vinegar have combined.

Taste.  Begin adding sweetener of choice a little at a time, tasting as you go, if desired.  

Store in the fridge.  Shake well before using.

No comments: