Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Cheesy Broccoli Casserole

My mom makes this for eeeeevery holiday.  It's a staple on our spread and super nostalgic for me and my sisters.  It's simple and a great way to get your broccoli in.  Because cheese.  


2 14oz pkgs. frozen broccoli florets
1/4lb. Velveeta
1/2 stick butter
1/2 stack Ritz crackers

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium sauce pan, boil broccoli until soft.  
Drain and return to pot.  
Over low heat, add Velveeta and butter and stir until everything is melted and coating the broccoli.  Pour the broccoli mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.  
Coarsely crush the crackers (I just squeeze several in my hand) and sprinkle over the top of the broccoli mixture. 
Bake for 20 minutes or until the crackers are golden and cheese is bubbly.

No comments: