Friday, October 31, 2014

Ham and Cheese Sliders

I am so sorry.  I don't know why I'm just now getting around to blogging these recipes.  I thought I did it a long time ago.  I've lost my mind, I guess.  This is ALSO from my baby sister's bridal shower that we threw in JULY...(ugh, sorry, 3 months later...) but I guess it's better late than never.  As shower favors, we took this recipe and printed it out on card stock.  We then added a pretty little burlap and lace embellishment to one corner, punched a hole in the other corner, and slid a skinny piece of ribbon through the hole.  Then we tied it to a wooden kitchen spoon.  As everyone left the shower, we gave them the spoon and recipe to take home with them.  They were ELATED to get the recipe.  It's THAT good.

Sandwiches
24 Kings Hawaiian Rolls
24 pieces honey ham
24 small slices of Swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Miracle Whip

Poppy Seed Sauce
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 1//2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Split each Kings Hawaiian Roll in half for sandwiches.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and miracle whip.  Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll.  Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese inside each roll.  Close the rolls and place them in a 9x13 baking dish.  Place them very close together.

In a medium bowl whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients.  Pour the sauce evenly over all of the sandwiches.  You do NOT have to use ALL of the sauce!  Just use enough to cover the tops.  Let everything sit for 10 minutes; just long enough for the butter to set up a little bit.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  Uncover and bake an additional 2 minutes or until the tops of the sandwiches are brown and slightly crispy.  Serve warm.
Note: Sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead and left in the fridge. 

No comments: