Monday, July 22, 2013

Brown Sugar Grilled Chicken

My family and I recently spent a week at the beach.  While we're there, we like to eat in a few nights of the week and we like to cook light.  I came across this marinade recipe that is AMAZING on the grill.  My favorite sides to have with it are Skinny Cilantro Lime Rice and Grilled Summer Vegetables.  Also, a neat little perk of this recipe, is that it makes a TON of marinade.  So...when I'm done with it, I take extra chicken breasts and portion them into freezer bags that fit my family's needs.  I then pour enough of the remaining marinade over the chicken (just so it covers the chicken)  in the freezer bags and pop 'em in the freezer for later.  It's so easy to pull out a bag of frozen chicken, already in it's own marinade, let it thaw/marinate all day and throw it on the grill when it's time for dinner.  You're welcome.  ;)

1 cup of packed brown sugar
1 cup of oil (I use canola or vegetable)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup white vinegar.

Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl.  Add as much or as little chicken as your family needs.  Allow to marinate at least 1 hour or over night is best.  Heat grill to medium-high heat and grill until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

No comments: