Thursday, May 2, 2013

Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing

This might be my new favorite summer dressing!  It's tangy and so very fresh...makes my heart happy.  I think it might even be good as a marinade...but I'll check into that on another day.  Use this to dress the Southwestern Chopped Salad.  Ahhh-mazing!  Now, I will say that I like bolder, stronger flavors so if you think some of this might be too much for you, just cut back a little bit on the lime juice and zest and pepper.

1 cup loosely packed cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
The zest and juice of 1 lime
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 jalapeno with half of the ribs and seeds removed, roughly chopped
1 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1/4-1/2 tsp. salt
1/4-1/2 cup olive oil

Add all ingredients, except olive oil, to a blender or food processor.  Process until all of the ingredients are finely chopped.  While the processor is on, stream in 1/4-1/2 cup of olive oil.  Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.  Transfer to an air tight container and chill until ready to use.  Makes approximately 3/4 cup of dressing.

No comments: