Monday, January 21, 2013

Peanut Butter Glaze

With a husband who loves all things peanut butter, I sometimes like to have a little peanut butter treat for him when he comes home from work.  This glaze is very versatile!  It can be drizzled over virtually any baked good that pairs well with peanut butter and it's super easy to throw together.  I also like to use it as a dip for apples too.

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (plus a little more to make it as sweet as you like)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.  Slowly whisk everything together until all of the powdered sugar is wet.  Once the powdered sugar is wet, whisk vigorously until all of the peanut butter is dissolved and there are no lumps of powdered sugar.  
*Sometimes I like it to be a little sweeter and a little peanut buttery-ier...so I add more powdered sugar and more peanut butter until it suits my sweet tooth for the day.

No comments: