Saturday, January 5, 2013

Oven Baked Bacon

This is one of those "how-to"/"tips and tricks" things that you just need to know.  I came across this little trick a few years ago and I've done it ever since.  Oven bake your bacon!  It saves you time because you don't have to babysit it while it's frying AND it frees up a burner on the stove so you can make other yummy things to go with your bacon.  And personally, I think the bacon tastes way better when it's done this way.  I'm not sure why it tastes better, but it does have a better texture, so maybe that's part of it.
 
First, line a cookie sheet with foil.  Make sure the foil goes up all of the sides of the cookie sheet.  This makes clean up a breeze.
Then place your bacon on the foil.  I usually make a whole pound of bacon at a time and refreeze what I don't use for later, but you don't have to make the whole pound of it if you don't want to.
Place an oven rack in the center position and place the cookie sheet in the COLD oven.
Turn your oven to 400 degrees and walk away.  Allow it to bake for 17-20 minutes.


No comments: