Sunday, January 8, 2023

The Good "Ranch" Dressing

 

Have you ever been to a little local restaurant and it has the BEST Ranch or House dressing?  In Fredericksburg, it's Vinny's.  In Fairbanks, it's Chowder House.  I've been trying for years to crack the code on how to get that perfect Ranch/House dressing and I finally did it.  It's definitely not a "clean" recipe but I can live with that.  And I wish I could say it's "homemade", but it's not.  Again, I can live with that.

1 1/2 cups sour cream

1/2 cup milk (you may not use it all)

1 packet of Hidden Valley Creamy Dill Dip mix

1/2-1 tsp. salt

In a medium mixing bowl combine the sour cream and dip mix.  Slowly thin the mixture until it's your desired consistency.  I tend to like it a little on the thicker side.

Season with salt until it's just almost too salty to eat on it's own.  I usually do about 1/2 tsp of salt.  When you combine it with all of your salad ingredients, it dilutes to the perfect flavor.  If you get it too salty, just dilute with a bit of milk.

Store in a mason jar with a finger tight lid.

No comments: