Monday, December 31, 2012

Pepperoni Rolls

I LOVE THESE!!!!  I spent 10 days in Ohio during Christmas break and I feel like I came back to Virginia with TONS of little treasures for this blog!  These pepperoni rolls being one of them.  They are so incredibly simple I'm smacking myself for not thinking of this on my own.

1 pkg. Rhodes frozen white dinner rolls
2 pkgs. pepperoni
1/2 stick butter

Preheat oven according to package directions on the rolls.
Generously grease a baking sheet or pizza stone with non-stick cooking spray.  Place as many frozen rolls as you need 1-inch apart on the baking dish.  Because they're frozen, they need to rise.  And they need to rise for a while.  I like to let them get nice and fluffy so I let them sit there for 5-7 hours.
Once the rolls have had time to rise, take each roll and smoosh them.  Yes, smoosh them.  Place 5 pepperoni slices in the center of the roll...kind of fan them out a little.  Bring the edges of the roll together and pinch them together to make the roll look like a ball and place them seam side down on the baking dish.
Bake according to the package directions on the rolls.
When they're done, remove them from the oven and take your 1/2 stick of butter and immediately rub the tops of each roll with the butter.  Allow them to cool slightly and DIG IN! 

1 comment:

Kenny, Heather, Landon & Aniston said...

Seriously, I was just telling K about these, too! I said I forgot to ask her about the rolls, maybe they are on her blog. Stupid easy, so crazy yum! We need to start a foodie group. I guess that is kind of like our girl nights anyways.
~ Heather