Monday, July 25, 2022

Creamy Tomato Soup

 


My friend Bree gave me another amazing recipe and it's SO easy!  What I LOVE about this tomato soup recipe is that you can make a single serving or you can make enough for a ton of people.  As long as you follow the ratios it will turn out perfectly no matter how much you decide to make.  

Personally, you know me, I make a bulk batch.  We have it for dinner, stick it in the fridge overnight, and then the next day I ladle the leftovers into quart mason jars with a plastic lid and freeze for later.  It's such a great feeling to be able to pull out a couple of jars to thaw in the morning when I know I have a busy day ahead and just pour it into a pot to heat up when I get home.  

Ingredients:

Tomato Sauce 

Chicken Broth

Heavy Cream or Half n Half

Onion Powder 

Garlic Powder

Sugar

Salt

Pepper

This recipe is all about ratios.  No measuring, no fuss, just ratios.  I get the 106oz can of tomato sauce from Costco and bulk make this recipe to freeze for leftovers.  If you just want to make it for lunch for yourself, just use a normal size can from the canned tomato isle at the store.  Or literally any amount in between.  It does not matter.

In a pot appropriately sized for the amount you're wanting to make, combine equal parts of tomato sauce and chicken broth.  Mix well. (If you use the giant Costco sized can, an 8qt instant pot liner is the perfect size.) 

Then, take your onion powder and garlic powder and sprinkle each over the surface of the soup so that it has a light layer of each.

Add a light pinch of salt and pepper.

If it's too acidic for your taste, sprinkle a couple tablespoons of sugar to your liking.

Bring the soup to a simmer.  Once simmering, add heavy cream or half n half until it's as creamy as you like your tomato soup.

Heat through and serve with your favorite toppings and grilled cheese.

No comments: