Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Peanut Butter Ramen

 

My best friend recently moved to Japan and she's been sending me all the food pics.  I am HERE FOR IT!  She sent me a recipe for Peanut Butter Ramen and I'm obsessed!  I've tweaked her recipe a bit because sometimes you just can't find all of the ingredients she uses in Japan here in Alaska, but it's SO GOOD none-the-less.  Also, I eyeball all of the ingredients so feel free to add more or less of something as you see fit.

2 tsp. Sesame oil

1 tsp. granulated garlic (or a couple cloves of fresh garlic, minced)

1 tsp. ginger (powdered or fresh minced)

1 tablespoon dehydrated onion

1 tablespoon peanut butter

2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce

1 1/4 cups chicken broth

2 ramen cakes

pinch of hot pepper flakes, optional

Optional: Any protein you enjoy.  Sometimes I like to add some spicy shrimp. (I simply season my shrimp with some salt and a tiny pinch of red pepper flakes and air fry until done.)  Thinly sliced spicy chicken breast would also be tasty.  A soft boiled egg.  Scallions.  Sesame seeds.  Chopped peanuts.  Sprouts.

In a small saucepan or small skillet, add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and onion.  Sauté 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.  

Add the peanut butter and allow it to mostly melt.  

Add the coconut aminos (or soy sauce) and chicken broth.  

Bring it to a boil and add the ramen cakes (toss the seasoning packet).  Once the ramen noodles are cooked to your liking, transfer to a bowl.  Enjoy as-is or top with your favorite protein and garnishes.  Serves one. Double or triple as necessary but go easy on the peanut butter.

No comments: