Friday, September 12, 2014

Strawberry Pie

This summer, while strawberries were in full swing, I found myself with more than we could just pop in our mouths.  So OF COURSE I made Strawberry Pie!!!

3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
3oz. box of strawberry flavored jello
2-4 cups of sliced strawberries (it depends on how full you like your pie)

Pre-bake a 10" pie crust.  (Click here for my homemade crust, or just use a bought one.)
Fill the pie shell with all of those glorious sliced strawberries!
In a small sauce pan, combine cornstarch, sugar, and water.
Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened.  Add the jello and stir until dissolved.  Allow the mixture to cool slightly and then pour it over the berries.
Chill the pie until it's set.
I like serving it with whipped cream!  Yummmm! 

No comments: