Friday, September 12, 2014

Honey Soy Baked Chicken Thighs

Hey guys!  Wow...that was quite a hiatus!  So sorry for being gone for so long.  We moved in June and I am JUST NOW getting internet set up.  Long story short, we moved out to the middle of nowhere where no major companies service.  So I literally had to wait for a local guy who owns a local company to build a tower up in the sky that was high enough to reach my house.  It took forever.  Like...over 3 months.  I'm still not 100% power, but it's enough to do some blogging.  Really...slow...blogging.  In about another week and a half (I'm told) I'll have lightning fast, speedy internet.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Aaaaanyway...I've had a lot of time on my hands!  (Because what does one do in 2014 without internet?!?!?!)  I have tried a few new recipes (that I got from a book...like, with paper in it...hello?!?!?...those still exist?!?!).  I taught myself how to embroider!  With a needle and thread!!!!  Uh huh...who needs a machine?!?!?  It's crazy the things you'll do to avoid boredom and keep your sanity in the middle of nowhere, in a new, quiet house (because yeah...Pandora wasn't an option!), with no TV (Netflix was out too), and only an infant to keep you company.  And she's a really good infant...so she wasn't even that much work.  ;)  So, because of my boredom, you are going to get a nice handful of great recipes!  Enjoy!

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
5 tablespoons honey
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3lbs. chicken thighs (or breast...whatever you have)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Mix the first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
Place the chicken in a large baking dish, skin side up, and pour the honey-soy mixture over top; making sure each piece is coated.  Place the dish in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour, or overnight is best.
When you're ready, place the chicken into the preheated oven for 25 minutes.  Flip the chicken and bake skin side down for another 10 minutes.  Then flip the chicken once more, back to skin side up, and bake an additional 10 minutes.  The chicken is done when the juices run clear.

*Note:  This is also VERY tasty grilled.  Place the chicken skin side down over hot coals.  Grill for 15 minutes, flip chicken, grill another 15 minutes.  Continue this until the juices run clear.

No comments: