Friday, February 8, 2013

Ranch Dressing

I've been searching for a good homemade ranch dressing recipe for a long, long time.  This is the closest I've come up with and I was shocked at the simplicity.  I've been making it this way for years and haven't been totally happy with it...but just a few tweaks was all it needed.

1 cup milk
1 cup mayo (I want to try with Greek Yogurt too)
1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
fresh cracked pepper

*Variations:
1.) Add pureed avocado to make Avocado Ranch Dressing. 
2.) Add freshly chopped cilantro to make Cilantro Ranch Dressing.

Whisk all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl until it has a smooth, creamy texture.  Cover the bowl with saran wrap and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.  Before dressing your salad, taste to make sure you like the seasonings.  Add more of the salt and peppers if desired.

No comments: